- for the practice of mindful eating
- This food is a gift of the earth, the sky, numerous living beings, and much hard work.
- May we eat with mindfulness and gratitude so as to be worthy to receive it.
- May we transform our unwholesome mental formations, especially our greed.
- May we keep our compassion alive by eating in such a way that we reduce the suffering of living beings, preserve our planet, and reverse the process of global warming.
- We accept this food so that we may nurture our sisterhood and brotherhood, strengthen our sangha and nourish our ideal of serving all beings.